Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sorrento Revisited

Sorrento has to win the award for posing for the prettiest photos, doesn't it?
I did find a spot in the town where you could sit and look down at the sea. How pretty is that water? It was just crystal clear. I was standing up quite a ways and I could see right down into the water. Today is just some of my favorite shots from this quaint town. For some reason, the shopping area reminded me of an alpine village. Now, I've never been to an alpine village, but that thought kept coming into my mind.



This shot was looking right from where I was sitting. Actually, I just sat there for a while and pondered things. Read a book, watched the very few people that walked by, marveled at the beauty of life in general. It was a pondering group of moments.


This was the view looking to my right. How cool is that? Doesn't it just look very old and medieval? I found myself wishing I was some sort of professional photographer with various lenses and a tripod. This town seems to just pose for pictures. To be there in various lighting would be cool. I'm guess it looks totally different throughout the year.
The last photo may just become my favorite Italy picture of this trip. Not only did I get in my laundry shot, but colorful vegetables, a great colored building, and Christmas decorations. What more could you want from a Italy poster shot?




1 comment:

  1. Well, I posted a comment to this blog and it mysteriously disappeared. I guess it's out in cyberspace somewhere~ Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete