Saturday, November 27, 2010

Reflections

My 4 weeks in Rome have come to an end. This is a look back. The things I did right:

  • The month transportation pass was great because it gave me the freedom to move about Rome without concern knowing I could always find a bus or metro to get me back to an area I knew. A definite plus.
  • The train pass saved me 50% on train fare. It worked because I took many one day trips in which I was required to only use one day of the pass. Definitely something to look into in the future - but watch the reservation fees that aren't included.
  • Trastevere is a great location in Rome. It's within walking or bus distance of anything I want to see, but it an established neighborhood full of shops, restaurants, and colorful folk. I like staying a bit away from the tourist-y areas.
  • Choosing a place that has its own computer/internet. Such a bonus to not have to lug my computer on the plane or look for internet cafes throughout the city. I loved having my own little office already set up for me.

Things I could have done better:

  • I have missed my slippers every single day here. Don't leave home without them.
  • I had to buy a rolling backpack to take home purchases. Either stop shopping while here (not gonna happen) or bring a large carry-on to take care of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment