Saturday, November 27, 2010

Last Day in Rome

How is it possible that 4 weeks have gone by so quickly? I just saw my brother off at the train station and it was sad to see him go because I enjoyed his company, but also because it means that I leave tomorrow. My time here has been magical and I don't at all regret staying this long. I have visited a local language school in hopes of returning next year for 4 weeks of language training -- I am very determined to learn this language! The owners of this apartment and I have also spoken about my renting it again next November, sooooooo........... Who knows what a year will bring, but perhaps I will return next year.

This first picture was taken by Michael the day after I left Florence. He went high up into a tower to take a picture of this overview of the city. Since it rained the entire time I was there I like seeing the city in a better light. I knew the beauty was in there!



Last night while walking around "my" neighborhood we were treated to this great street musician. He was the whole package --- eccentric, personable, and really a good musician. He was funny and played to the crowd. While it looks like a hodgepodge of instruments, it all worked together to be quite entertaining. A group of college students began clapping and dancing, so he got right on in it, pulled out a train whistle, and made train music while they all marched around. It really was fun and I realize I will miss the colorful assortment of people here.



I've cheated with this last picture because I wasn't there. Michael went to Cinque Terre (a group of 5 sea towns) and took this shot. The entire area is gorgeous. It is one of my incentives to return and a reminder that there is much I have yet to experience in Italy.


No comments:

Post a Comment