Saturday, November 27, 2010

Parting Shots


For the third day in the last four days, main roads have been closed due to protests. Since I really stink at understanding italian, I don't know what the protests are about, but they don't look like the same groups of people. Anyway, because the bus routes are abbreviated, it gave me the opportunity to walk around and around. This is the second day of beautiful, though chilly, weather. As long as there's no rain, I'm happy.


There is no rhyme nor reason to these photographs. I just walked around, shopped, ate, checked everything out, etc. and snapped a picture whenever something caught my eye.



So just take them for what they are - parting shots of Rome. My way of saying goodbye....... until next year?!



I walked around some of my favorite places and went to a couple parts of the city that I'd not yet seen. Sort of a variety. The first thing I did, though, was walk to St. Peter's. Yep, that's right...... you understood me. I left my apartment, and just strolled on over to the largest cathedral in the world. How cool is that? (Didn't take a picture, though, just appreciated.)






Then I walked around town; some busy sections and some quiet vicolos. I walked along the river Tiber and crossed a couple of bridges. I do so love, love being able to walk and walk without running out of sites to see or people to watch.



Thanks for checking in with me during my stay here in Italy. I'll drop a link if something else interesting happens in my life. Until next time..........











No comments:

Post a Comment