Friday, December 4, 2009

Italy Day 11 - Capena

Today was my vacation from exploring. I lazed around all the day long and loved every minute of it. When I went out to get dinner supplies, I noticed that the Christmas lights, which have been up since I arrived, were on for the first time. It looked lovely, so I thought I'd share a couple of the night time, rainy, photos of Capena with you.
The lights looked quite festive reflecting off of the wet streets, I think. The weather isn't very cold, considering the wetness of the night.

This is the fountain at the end of my street. When my balcony door is open, I can hear the water flowing and it's quite calming.





I did learn to crochet today -- well, I'm beginning to learn, anway. Here's a photo of what I accomplished. It's just to the point where it's relaxing since I don't have to concentrate so hard to make the stitches.
Tomorrow, it's off to Rome again. I have to see the Vatican -- it would be wrong to visit Rome without seeing it, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment