Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Plans


It's back in the United States once again. I'm all settled back in to home and work. Though I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Italy, it's always good to get home.


I don't know why it surprised me, but I'm struggling with the upcoming holidays -- my first without my mother. I completed the vast majority of holiday shopping before leaving on vacation, so that's taken care of for the most part. Plans this season include my brother Sam and I driving to North Carolina to spend a few days with our brother Mike at the cabin he owns there. Mike lives in Miami but has owned this cabin for a few years and goes regularly to restore it and enjoy the quiet. My mother had been able to visit it a couple of times, but it will be my first time there. Mike took a quick trip up there last weekend to winterize the house and sent me a couple of pictures of the first snow. (That's what the photo up top is) It's comforting to have something different to look forward to. My children and I will probably postpone our Christmas until Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment