Saturday, October 31, 2009

Luggage

In keeping with my determination to live life boldly and with purpose (my new mantra, I think), I purchased a HUGE bag for traveling and chose bright orange as its color. How cool is that? I looked for the past few days. There are just too many choices. Did I want a molded, traditional suitcase that was one large chasm inside? Perhaps a duffel bag that had wheels for ease of movement. Maybe a soft sided suitcase with pockets inside and little areas for shoes and stuff like that. After stopping by various stores and retracing my steps to compare one store's choices to another's, I chose a burnt orange High Sierra drop bottom, expandable wheeled duffel. It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Should hold everything I need. I may rethink my decision to purchase a large duffel when I'm trying to manuever it from plane to train to taxi or bus, but for now, I'm quite pleased with myself.

I learned today that my computer and cell phone adapters are both universally compatible for 110/240v, which means that I don't have to bother with a step down converter to change European 240v to our 110v. I discovered this all by myself by simply reading the chargers. Am I smart, or what? Who'd'a thunk? Also, because I still have everything from the camera that I lost in England, I checked and found that the battery charger that goes with that is also universally compatible. (Don't know why I checked that, but I did.) Oh, and speaking of cameras...... you'll never guess....... okay, you guessed. It really wasn't that difficult - I can't find mine. I had a camera for a couple of years before I bought my cool Canon Powershot last year and, when I lost my Canon on the hillside in England, I went back to using my Panasonic Lumix. It's an okay camera that does a reasonable job of capturing scenes. It uses AA batteries that need changed, literally, every few hours, but it did the job. Well, lo and behold!, I can't find it. AARRGGHH. I'm giving it a week and if I don't find it, I'll have to get another one. I don't look forward to dealing with that because it will be difficult for me not to splurge and get the identical one that I lost. I do hope I find my Lumix. I won't buy a new camera if I have an acceptable one. But if I have to shop........ well, I am a woman, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment