Friday, October 30, 2009

Language Lessons

Ciao! I received my little italian language lessons today from Amazon.com. I hope to be able to learn enough to get by. Isn't it wonderful that most European countries have a large percentage of citizens that speak english? How would I be able to function if no one understood me? Hmmmm, come to think of it, I've lived in the USA all of my life, english is my native language, and most people here don't understand me!! Wonder why that is!! Maybe I'll fare better abroad. I also have been looking for luggage. Ever since our last trip to Brazil (I think it was about 7 years ago) I only use carry-on luggage. I don't like checking bags simply because I like to head out of the airport as soon after landing as possible. It has served me well in the past because most of my trips have been only one week or ten days at the most. I don't think a carry-0n will suffice for an overseas two week trip, so I'm going to bite the bullet and get a large bag to check in at the airport. Besides, if I still pack lightly, there'll be room to bring home all the wonderful treasures I plan to find. Oh, yea! I'll keep you posted on how that's going. Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment