Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Traveling on Life's Journey

As I contemplate life without my mother and an upcoming trip to Italy, I feel the need to record thoughts, experiences, and ideas here for others to share. Join me as I begin a new season in my life. I guess this would be the beginning of the autumn of my life. (I'm being optimistic and not labeling it winter!) Autumn is a time of bold colors and I determine to live boldly, with purpose. So, that being the theme, I am boldly learning to blog. A new venture. As with everything I try, I know I will "skin my knees", but I will get up and keep learning.

I booked a flight to Italy for next month and will spend 2 weeks in a little village called Capena. This historical town is about 45 minutes from Rome and I plan to rent a tiny little "house" for the duration of my stay. I don't speak the language, so the thought of 2 weeks not talking to anyone is a bit daunting, hence this blog. I'll talk to you -- will that be alright? I have ordered a basic Italian language course from Amazon.com in hopes that I can, at least, find a bathroom, hail a taxi, learn the bus routes, and maybe eat occasionally. Okay, I will eat more than occasionally. I'm wondering just how much Italian this old gal can learn in such a short time, but, hey, gotta give it a try. This trip was, of course, an impulse decision. That's how I roll and it usually works out well -- usually.

Thanks for beginning my journey with me. I'm open to suggestions for my blog, so journey along with me.

2 comments:

  1. love the blog mom...and Autumn is very appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Rosann....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! I love the travel...the observations...the trip.....the blogging! I love to read and visualize...your story...how exciting! Love you and will be praying for you as you wander and discover new places and things. Love you....don't talk to strangers! lol

    ReplyDelete