Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oct.28

Today is my mom's memorial service. I'm not sure how I feel about it because she was pretty specific that she didn't want any service. Ken felt that there were people that cared for her that would like to pay their respects. We're keeping it very simple -- just a couple of pictures of her, a short message, and giving an opportunity for anyone to speak that wants to.

When I made the decision yesterday to go to Italy, I picked up my phone to call her before I realized she's not there. I know she'd be encouraging and excited for me. Though I'm so grateful that we had an opportunity to say all that we wanted to and do the things she wanted, I'm selfish and I want her to be here and healthy. She is finally free from that old body that was such a hinderance to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment